February 15, 2008

daddy dearest

it's at times like this that i realise my daddy's the best.

we seldom see eye to eye. and i am seldom the perfect daughter.

he isn't perfect either.

but bapak is kind. and he cares. and he loves.

he taught me to pray. he sent me to quran class. he held my bicycle steady when i learnt to ride the two-wheeler. he watched me go up the stage and get my prize when i scored first in class. he talked about me non-stop(to my annoyance)when i won scholarships. and more when i started working. he took me to the hospital when i was in pain, and was always around during the follow-up check ups.

he is always around for us. he can work long shift, and still be ready to accompany us somewhere once he reach home.

he holds mader's hand when they go out together. he loves her, and all of us and does not feel ashamed to let others know.

i am blessed. he is a wonderful, wonderful father. i have always wished to have someone like him when i get married.

i wish it is easy to tell him that i love him. i hope he knows.

bapak, i love you.

No comments: